Description

life in the basement has come and gone. we loved living underground, but are excited to practice maintaining a home. join me as i journal chapter two of our life, as we save up, look forward, and plan for a home in the city. as we seek after our great God to glorify Him daily, join in as we figure out what it means to radically pursue Him in "everyday life"

06 July 2011

update on my five fingers!

so i ran in them...and it was great! now mind you, i do most (ok, really at this point ALL) training on a treadmill in my mom's room in front of the tv (while usually watching duggars or dc cupcakes, or, when it is in season, the biggest loser). so anyways, i run on a treadmill. but they were great! i actually ran my fastest mile ever in them....7:27! that was a big deal and i was quite proud. i took them off after the first mile because i am going to ease myself into them (per recommendation of vibram's website). i really enjoyed running in them- after i got over the initial first few awkward strides. i can't wait to run outside in them. the one thing they really made me notice was how much i slam my heels down when i run- need to work on correcting that. after changing out of them after the first mile, i went on to run my fasted 5k ever- 23:50! proud moment :)

so yeah, i recommend them for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment