Description

life in the basement has come and gone. we loved living underground, but are excited to practice maintaining a home. join me as i journal chapter two of our life, as we save up, look forward, and plan for a home in the city. as we seek after our great God to glorify Him daily, join in as we figure out what it means to radically pursue Him in "everyday life"

25 July 2011

banana bread

so tonight, inspired by my husband's request for breakfast for dinner, i made some super yummy banana bread. we have had some aging bananas on the counter since friday and i had mentioned my intentions to make some bread, so his encouragement ensured that my bananas didn't end up past the point of no return. 



i grabbed my recipe book to use my mimi's recipe, but found that it required shortening and i was plum out, so i hit the internet in search of the "best banana bread recipe" (no really, thats what i google)



first one up had 5 stars and 806 reviews. after reading through it, i decided that it would be the one for me. additionally, i read the reviews and tweaked the recipe based on the recommendation of some of the folks. so here goes:

first, i preheated the oven to 350 and got my pan ready (a wilton bread pan).

next, i mashed up my three extra ripe bananas. i used a meat masher for this...a little more effective than a fork.




next, i creamed 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup demerara sugar (or you can just use brown sugar)



to that, once smooth, i added in two farm fresh eggs, a splash of vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon. then i added my bananas





finally, i added 1cup of all purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, along with a teaspoon of baking soda. i mixed gently, just until combined, then into the pan it went.





i baked it for about 45 minutes, but who knows how long it would take in a normal oven. 




and then we enjoyed! i recommend it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment